The following information relates to warranties offered by MDC. Please read all the information carefully, and should you have any questions relating to any aspect of this section, then please contact MDC. By purchasing an item from MDC, you hereby agree to all terms and conditions of warranty as set out herein.
Validity of Claims
- Warranties are only valid to the original purchaser of the item in question and are valid from the original date of purchase only.
- Warranties apply only to items sold as “new” and do not extend to any items sold via auction, or deemed to be “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration” or “damaged” unless specifically stated otherwise by MDC in writing. (Please see further on this page for more information).
- Warranties are not transferable under any circumstances. Similarly, if an item is sold to a third party by the original purchaser, then all waranties become null and void, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible for any claims on behalf of the new owner.
- Warranties do not apply to products purchased from MDC and then used in hire schemes or as rentals.
- MDC does not cover damage due to unauthorised modifications, misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly, improper and irregular maintenance, or accident or collision.
- Any work performed under an authorised warranty claim approved by MDC must be performed by MDC, or an authorised representative of MDC and only with the express written permission of MDC.
- Any affiliates, representatives, associates, agents, suppliers, resellers or similar of MDC shall have no authority to authorise or deny warranty claims on behalf of MDC.
- MDC shall not be liable, (in part or whole) for any warranties, either express or implied, made by agents or resellers on behalf of MDC without the knowledge or express written permission of MDC. Such unauthorised claims shall be the responsibility of the agent or reseller only.
Caravans & Camper Trailers
Unless stated otherwise, caravans & trailers only are covered by a 12 month limited manufacturer’s warranty from the original date of purchase.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Items not covered under warranty include:
- Wheels and Tyres
- Travel Covers and Straps
- General consumables (eg bearings, light bulbs etc)
- Zips and mesh or screens are not covered.
In addition to MDC warranty, the consumer may also be covered by other rights and remedies of Consumer Law in relation to the goods and or services to which this warranty relates.
Tents are guaranteed to be in new merchantable condition at the time of purchase. A limited manufacturers warranty period of 12 Months applies to MDC and Wax Converters canvas components, poles and fittings. General wear and tear excepted.
Factory Seconds, Ex-Demonstration and Damaged Goods
From time to time, MDC may offer for sale items deemed to be “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration”, or “damaged”.
Any items sold as “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration” or “damaged” items are sold on an “as is” basis.
There are no warranties, refunds, credits, exchanges or similar associated with such items. In the sale of such items, Market Direct Campers will attempt to provide all relevant information regarding the item, including faults, defects, or similar, however, there may be instances where minor defects or imperfections have been overlooked. This is PURELY UNINTENTIONAL and in no way alters the nature of the sale.
Due to the nature of such items, i.e being “ex-demonstration”, “factory seconds” or “damaged”, it is reasonable to expect that some imperfections or flaws may exist even where it is not initially apparent. By purchasing such an item, you agree to this statement in full and accept that there are no warranties implied or expressed.
Goods Bought At Auction
From time to time, MDC, may, at its discretion, offer items for auction, either independently or via a third party. Whilst every effort will be made to provide all relevant information regarding the item on auction, as per Australian law, any and all goods bought at auction subsequently do not carry any statutory warranty. Unless specifically stated in writing, an goods sold at auction by, or on behalf of MDC shall carry no warranty.
Lodging a Claim
All warranty claims MUST BE LODGED through our website using our online Warranty Claim Form.
If you have any further questions relating to warranties, or are unsure about any aspect of this section, then please contact us.
Phone: 1300 494 494 Option 5